Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
love these binding clips! >

love these binding clips!

love these binding clips!

Old 07-23-2012, 03:47 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
Default love these binding clips!

Love using these binding clips ! in the 1980s things like these were for children's hair ! Why did I not think of these ! Drafting tools for templates, "pizza cutters" for cutting fabric and now hair clips.. ! Come on ladies ! Keep thinking !
Attached Thumbnails quilt-clips.jpg  

Last edited by chairjogger; 07-23-2012 at 03:49 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:59 AM
dd

I've been using my daughter's left over hair clips with bright colors on them. I love them and they are fun in the bright colors but some people have said the ones you buy specifically for quilts are different. How can they be different and what is the difference? I have seen some larger ones in the quilting supplies. They would have worked great on the flannel quilt with warm and natural batting I just made. It was just a little thicker than the cotton ones I usually make and the regular hair clips didn't do the best job.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:02 AM

Well, it is morning here and I have to concentrate to think..... I have an American Luggage Brand multiple fold jewelry case with zippered clear pockets. The unfolded bag is about 9" by 22" and has a hang tab at the top. Mine is used to store specialty feet, extra bobbins, cleaning brushes, small screwdrivers, seam ripper and spare light bulb. This compact case is easily packed with the appropriate machine when going to a workshop. Everything is in one place, nothing falls out, and is handy to use at home, as well.

Piecefully yours,
Kay
Old 07-23-2012, 04:26 AM

Great idea, hadn't heard of that one before.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:15 AM
Power Poster

Great idea!!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Power Poster

yes they are helpful
Old 07-24-2012, 04:27 AM

I use these clips all the time. You can buy them in the dollar store, a whole lot cheaper than the quilting shops. Not as good a quality, but they do the trick. Or you can get them on sale at CVS or Walgreens. Another idea.....Dh made me a design board out of insulation sheets bought at Home Depot. Only a few bucks. He glued 2 of the 4x8 sheets together side by side. Don't know what kind of glue, but it's industrial. I have it covered with the Fons and Porter design wall, but you can use a vinyl tablecloth with a flannel backing or flannel fabric. It's sew lightweight, I can move it anywhere. And all you do is pin the quilt to the board. I also use it to sandwich the quilt, batting and backing together. Just pin the backing to the board, lightly spray with temp adhesive, then spray again and attach the quilt top. There are fewer wrinkles when the weight of the pieces are hanging down. I don't have a table large enough to lay the pieces out.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:49 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

Kay and Camille I did not expect wonderful ideas posted. ! THANKS ! I am just amazed what is in the stores that help so much and we use differantly! What comes next will amaze me I expect. If you do have great ideas...get them on the market and make some money from them! Thank you for the tips !
Old 10-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Power Poster

I use theses clips, too! They work great!
Old 10-19-2012, 01:33 PM

i also use these clips!! i love them except when my teenage daughters steal them for their hair lol