I've been wanting to do a black/white/red quilt and when a family friend told me they using a ladybug theme for their daughter's new "big girl" room, I jumped at the chance to make her a quilt. Win-Win
I was having trouble get ALL the seams to match, so I used a decorative stitch around the diamonds formed by the white corners of each block to hide any not-quite-matching seams, and I fussy cut ladybugs from one of the fabrics and centered them in the diamonds for the same reason. The blocks were quilted with a simple triple-flower motif using my Viking 600E embroidery machine, and then I stitched-in-the-ditch around each square and the borders.
My favorite part is the Ladybug Alphabet I found at Embroidery Library that I used to embroider the new big-sister's name on the outer border.
The backing is a flannel I found that matched one of the fabrics I used.
This is the first quilt that I've quilted myself. I liked using the embroidery machine for the quilt motifs...
Hope you like it!
Decorative stitching, fussy cuts and quilting