I have been working on quilt bindings today and with the tutorial in front of me that that someone posted the link to (Riley Blake Designs -- Cutting Corners: Binding Basics tutorial) I have successfully bound these and am happy with the outcome. I had been doing everything right except I never could get the ends connected correctly. I am so glad to have learned a good way to do it.
The schoolhouse quilt is from blocks on a give-away table at guild meeting. They were leftovers from an estate. I had border fabric in my stash that worked.
The pinwheel is the 3-D pinwheel I learned how to do on this board.
The other quilt is my "President's Quilt" from blocks given to me last year while I was president of the guild. I chose the block pattern and the color wave. I have to dampen the binding and get it flattened out---bit curvy now!
OOPS -- I just realized the picture of the school houses isn't the bound quilt. Oh, well, the binding looks pretty good anyway. :)