Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Made a Quick Little Trip Through the Scrap Heap

Made a Quick Little Trip Through the Scrap Heap

This thread has nothing to do with composting... LOL.

After I made the Sailboat quilt from baby clothes, which I posted last weekend, there were lots of lovely polka dotted flannel scraps left over. As I was putting them away, they tempted me into making a quickie quilt.

Eleanor Burns has a great book called Quick Trips and I always wanted try her technique of sewing the strips into loops and ironing the seam allowances in alternating directions to lock them. So I adapted her directions for use with squares (she used rectangles in the book).

Here is my scrappy flannel little Trip Around the World Quilt. It’s a little wonky after washing, but very soft and cuddly because I backed it with minky. It’s quilted with SID in a concentric zigzag pattern around the center, every 3rd ring. It is made with 775 one inch squares. I learned a lot on this little quilt. (Mostly from my mistakes)
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    Last edited by BuzzinBumble; 01-12-2012 at 08:37 AM.
    My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide.

Lara

Are you kidding me? How do you people do this? I saw the sweet sailboat quilt, and now you have done this one in a flash. I am slow is all I know. I am sitting here today waiting to hear what kind of twins my niece is having so I can get their quilts done by the time they are born in June. All I can think of....is you must have a quilting fairy.
    this is a gorgeous little quilt, I love it.
    Some people visit paradise, I live there.

Very pretty.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    it's just wonderful!!!!
    Nancy in western NY

Quote Originally Posted by paulettepoe View Post
    Are you kidding me? How do you people do this? I saw the sweet sailboat quilt, and now you have done this one in a flash. I am slow is all I know. I am sitting here today waiting to hear what kind of twins my niece is having so I can get their quilts done by the time they are born in June. All I can think of....is you must have a quilting fairy.
    this is a gorgeous little quilt, I love it.
    I know, right? I take forever to finish a quilt too so these posts of quick little quilts just floor me.

This is a lovely little quilt - I want to snuggle right into it and stay a good long while! Great way to use up scraps and you got to test out a new technique to boot - win/win there! Is there a little one designated to receive your adorable quilt? Whoever they are, they are lucky!
    Sheila N.

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000 step process."

Awesome quilt! You are amazing!
    Jean

What an amazing quilt you created!! Absolutely beautiful!!
    God, Wonderful Family, Great Health, Awesome Friends, Quilting & Chocolates - - What more could a girl be blessed with!!

Some little one is going to love this! Awesome quilt ... and quilter!
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

So pretty & sweet.

Power Poster
    wow you did a nice job in such a short time im slow!!
    QUILTNMO

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast