Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Mastectomy Pillows

I sent you a PM for the directions. What a great idea!

Thank you all for your response. I have 3 people who will test my instructions so I hope by Friday this week I will be able to post the instructions for everyone interested to use and share with your friends.

I checked out some pillows that places sell online and the prices are somewhere around $24.99 + shipping. Our pillows will be free and it's so nice to help someone with a nice little gift that is free. They have enough expenses dealing with their treatments, etc.

Check back Friday for the pattern release. Thanks again for your thoughtfulness and responses.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrace
    These are called an "Anti-Ouch Pouch" - Sew News April/May 2008 had directions. The pattern and detailed instructions are in the Nancy's Notions section "gift of kindness" or a similar name...go all the way down to the bottom of the page and "Anti'Ouch Pouch" is listed...gives instructions with pictures...they refer to them as hanging pillows. If you can't find it, send me a pm.

Good luck with your project,,,I try to keep one or two on hand. Comes in two sizes.
    Here is the direct link to the pattern: http://www.asg.org/files/projects/Anti_Ouch_Pouch.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by kim_s
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrace
    These are called an "Anti-Ouch Pouch" - Sew News April/May 2008 had directions. The pattern and detailed instructions are in the Nancy's Notions section "gift of kindness" or a similar name...go all the way down to the bottom of the page and "Anti'Ouch Pouch" is listed...gives instructions with pictures...they refer to them as hanging pillows. If you can't find it, send me a pm.

Good luck with your project,,,I try to keep one or two on hand. Comes in two sizes.
    Here is the direct link to the pattern: http://www.asg.org/files/projects/Anti_Ouch_Pouch.pdf
    This is a little different than hers.. with this one, the pillow isnt separate from the cover, its all one. I like how she has created one where the cover is separate, and can be washed. :)

I had a two separate surgeries for lumpectomies two years ago when I was 25, and I can't imagine the pain would have been as bad as a mastectomy, but those pillows sure would have helped anyway. I wish I'd had one then. What a great idea! I look forward to the tutorial so I can file it away if I ever need it (hopefully not, though!).

I would love to learn how to make them. I am sure the hospital here would appreciate getting some of them.

Blog Entries
    Looking forward to the tutorial. That would be a terrific idea for our sewing club to make.

Mary

This is sooo awesome, my bosses wife just started dealing with this, she has stage 2 breast cancer, but it is in the lymphnodes (sp) she just had surgery this past week, she is getting the drain out hopefully next week (her son's wedding is this weekend and she is depressed she has to keep the drain in for the wedding)....I would love to give her one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by sammygirlqt
    Thank you all for your response. I have 3 people who will test my instructions so I hope by Friday this week I will be able to post the instructions for everyone interested to use and share with your friends.

I checked out some pillows that places sell online and the prices are somewhere around $24.99 + shipping. Our pillows will be free and it's so nice to help someone with a nice little gift that is free. They have enough expenses dealing with their treatments, etc.

Check back Friday for the pattern release. Thanks again for your thoughtfulness and responses.

Blog Entries
    I'm also looking forward to a tutorial. Then I can make (at least) a few and donate them to patients in the hospital where I work!

What a wonderful thing to make. They will help save someone from pain.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3