Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Max's quilt - Stage 2

I finally downloaded my camera, so here's the next set of pictures showing my progress on my great-nephew's Christmas prezzie....

I got all the jeans squares cut & went to M&L Fabric in Anaheim to find the flannel for the back side of the rag quilt. I ended up getting 4 flannels, then decided that the one with the paw prints might be a bit 'young' for a 22 year old. But I still liked it, so I decided that I will use only 4 square of it, on the four outside corners. :D The other 3 colors are being sewn together in a repeating order.

I've had some aggravation sewing it together. First I sewed all the 8" squares together into rows....and realized I had the seams on the WRONG side! Argh!!!! Unstitching ensued, then resewed the way I really wanted them. Then began sewing the rows together. Rows 1-4 done, held it up....RATS! Row 4 is not correct! Unstitched & threw it all down for a while. A few days later I was still not ready for those, so I switched to the 6" squares for the outside borders. Top row sewed together, just about to start on the right side border and...wait! Counted wrong on the top one, had 2 too many squares! Redid that & managed to do all 4 borders without further incident. I still haven't gone back to the 8" ones for the center, but I did figure out that I just had the rows out of order, so no more unsewing. Hopefully I will force myself to sew on it TONIGHT! :D
    Then I'll take more pictures when it's done, but for now....
    Hopefully I will get back to sewing it TONIGHT! Wish me luck!

got all the denim squares cut
    Name:  Attachment-140125.jpe
Views: 28
Size:  93.9 KB

plain blue flannel
    Name:  Attachment-140126.jpe
Views: 27
Size:  29.7 KB

plaid flannel
    Name:  Attachment-140127.jpe
Size:  70.4 KB

flannel dots
    Name:  Attachment-140128.jpe
Views: 26
Size:  56.0 KB

paw prints flannel
    Name:  Attachment-140129.jpe
Views: 27
Size:  56.1 KB

piles of work to do!
    Name:  Attachment-140130.jpe
Size:  59.2 KB

Blog Entries
    Sounds like one of mjy sewing days this week. LOL

Blog Entries
    Love those flannels :D:D:D

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Wow!

Blog Entries
    Can't wait to see it finished!

Well...I didn't get any sewing done last night. :( Instead, I was up until 2am working on a ceramic trivet order! Ugh. I got an order for 5 trivets with the VA Tech Hokie on them - a bird that's sort of a cross between an eagle & a turkey. I had them almost all the way painted (3 colors, each one must be done with 3 coats) when, on coat #2, I realized I was painting red where it should be WHITE! ARGH!!!! Before it's fired, it can be washed off, but it's hard to do without removing some of the other paint too. I ended up having to completely repaint 2 of them, the other 3 only had to do parts. But I will have to now paint the white part, where normally you just leave it unpainted, just in case the red left a bit of a shadow. Of course, I didn't think about bringing white home with me from the shop.... With luck I'll be able to do the white after work today, finish the outlining & still make it to my Guild's Christmas party on time tonight! But no sewing until tomorrow I guess.

Love this part being ready to sew sew sew !!! Enjoy