After much teeth gnashing, growling & grouchiness, it's finally together!
Once I got the 8" squares for the center together, and then the 6" squares for the outside borders together, I had to do some........MATH! It required coping strips to make the two different sizes of squares fit together correctly. I had all the dimensions figured out on paper, but alas my seam allowances weren't all they might have been ~ the weight of it kept pulling everything to one side & I over-compensated some times! Anyway, I got the first 2 coping strips figured out & sewed on, no problem. But when it came to the next 2, for some reason, my brain just would not cooperate. UGH! After trying & trying & trying to get the sizes & failing miserably, I had to put it aside for a couple of days. Then, one morning before work, I was running a bit early for a change & decided to try again. Voila! Got it on the first figure!
So now it's all together & just needs to have all those seams clipped & then taken to the laundramat for a fuzzy washing.
I'll tell you, this puppy weighs a TON! Max ought to be plenty toasty - and immobile - under this one!! :D
I'll post one last picture after Christmas, with Max holding it...or trapped under it! lol
The colors came out kind of dark, but you can see them better here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-81506-1.htm
The denim front side, seams waiting to be clipped.
And here's the flannel back side.