Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: McKenna Ryan "Home Tweet Home" blocks done!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariposa View Post
    Great job on this Jill!! Love her patterns! Are you keeping this one for yourself-?
    Thanks! Yes, this one will hang in my sewing nook, replacing another appliqué quilt I made about 15 years ago. That one will go in the spare bedroom (where hardly anyone will see it!!!!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dunster View Post
    Very cute, (even if upside down, LOL). It looks like the "official" setting is pretty simple, something you could do without a pattern. http://pineneedles.com/SuperStore/Su...ssortmentID=59 I have some McKenna Ryan patterns (not this one) and have been dreading all those small pieces, which is why they're not done yet.
    Is it upside down???. It is straight on my screen. I know it looks simple, and probably is, but my lack of confidence prevents me from trying without a pattern. I will probably just buy one if no one has it here. I hate to screw it up and waste that expensive fabric I bought for it.

I bought all the kits as a BOM. Haven't attempted to start it yet. Seeing your picture inspires me to tackle mine. I hope mine turns out as nice as yours. I think the cutting out of the little pieces will be a good thing to do while watching TV with DH. A lot of the time I don't care what is on the TV, DH sometimes likes me in the room with him. LOL. Thanks for sharing.
    Sophie2

Blog Entries
    Beautiful work!!!!
    A quilt is a blanket of love. Sharon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie2 View Post
    I bought all the kits as a BOM. Haven't attempted to start it yet. Seeing your picture inspires me to tackle mine. I hope mine turns out as nice as yours. I think the cutting out of the little pieces will be a good thing to do while watching TV with DH. A lot of the time I don't care what is on the TV, DH sometimes likes me in the room with him. LOL. Thanks for sharing.
    Just make sure you have good light over where you are cutting! I use my Ott light on my table, which sits in an alcove off to the side of the living room where the TV is, so I can still watch if I want and feel like I am in there.

I LOVE this quilt!! You did a beautiful job. I have looked at it so many times and thought maybe someday...doing only one block at a time is a good idea. You did a really nice job using your own fabrics. Thank you for sharing. The squirrel block is my favorite! Little rascal!

Stunning quilt!!! Great job.
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

Beautiful!! Your work is great. A McKenna Ryan pattern is on my to-do list, some day. Such detail in her patterns. You did a fantastic job. Enjoy it in your sewing nook.

You have inspired me to get going on mine. I, too, have the nine blocks but the sashing and border on the original look pretty easy, so I think I will just "wing" it. I purchased the laser cut blocks however, but wanted to perfect my FMQ to do the edge stitching first. You did a fabulous job on yours. You must have a great batik stash.

you did a great job!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast