Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Mens shirts Update

Love the quilt. Love the applique and love basket quilts. I had one thought I'd like to share. Please be sure that your friend is OK with birds. I happen to love birds, I feed them, have some decorator birds in my house, and even put them on the Christmas tree. But, having said this, some people think they are bad luck. I only mention this because my friend received a quilt last week as a retirement gift and won't bring it into her house. She is superstitious and thinks they are bad luck. How sad that someone thought so much of her to make her a quilt and she doesn't want it because it has birds all over it. You just never know.

Blog Entries
    LOL love it so far

Great job!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by djmat View Post
    Wow, thought I was the only one who had to endure shouting fabric! 22 quilts in line & all of them shouting at me, ugh.
    I find putting them in those large ball bags makes them hush now.
    Ha Ha - I haven't counted my quilt line up, but whenever I start to do the UFOs, I'll for sure start at least 2 more in the process - go figure! I am trying to get a grip on myself this summer - am working this week on an old one that I took apart last year to redo. I've pieced a back for it and started to mend the front, and soon I'll have it ready for Hand quilting (that's what I like to do on vaca or in front of the TV). Then I'm going to finish the pieced back on the donation quilt that I made with "ugly" fabric that came out cute after all, and then I'm going to get up my nerve and start work on the pile of quilts that are ready to be machine quilted. Your post just made me come out of the closet - so thanks for sharing and know you are not alone and you will indeed get past those "voices"
    KEEP CALM and CARRY ON!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnamarie View Post
    Love the quilt. Love the applique and love basket quilts. I had one thought I'd like to share. Please be sure that your friend is OK with birds. I happen to love birds, I feed them, have some decorator birds in my house, and even put them on the Christmas tree. But, having said this, some people think they are bad luck. I only mention this because my friend received a quilt last week as a retirement gift and won't bring it into her house. She is superstitious and thinks they are bad luck. How sad that someone thought so much of her to make her a quilt and she doesn't want it because it has birds all over it. You just never know.
    How weird! And PS - those baskets out of the shirts are SO FINE! I love them, and birds would be terrific too, IMHO.
    KEEP CALM and CARRY ON!!

LOL - You need to submit your post to a quilting magazine!

Power Poster
    nice job!!!!!!
    QUILTNMO

Nice blocks they will be great when finished.

Lea, you are so funny. Reading your post made me laugh out loud. I thought I had ghosts in my sewing room, when it was only my UFO's talking, no screaming at me. Do they ever stop?
    Be sure to post finished pictures.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

very nice!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast