Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: A Minimalist creates a quilting space

I quilt as a hobby and hate clutter. These are pictures of my quilting space. It is my dining room and I have fit all of my supplies into my china hutch. (my quilting books are on a bookcase in another room. I make, at most, 2-3 quilts at a time. I just finished an Irish Chain with Seminole border that was 98x118 inches. I love looking at how different everyone's quilting space is. My room also shows how you don't need that much to start quilting. I also came to the realization that I will not do applique or piece curves. I don't have the ability. I have tried and it wasn't fun for me and didn't come out well at all. I LOVE the look of both and greatly admire those who can do both but I didn't enjoy the process. In the future, I would love to get a accucut, a frame for machine quilting and an embroidery machine... then I might have a bit more clutter in the room!!!

Some tools and supplies for embellishing
    Name:  Attachment-175246.jpe
Views: 41
Size:  50.1 KB

My dining room/quilting room
    Name:  Attachment-175247.jpe
Views: 35
Size:  43.2 KB

Boxes for the 3 projects. Just used all scraps for scrap quilt
    Name:  Attachment-175248.jpe
Views: 37
Size:  35.7 KB

machine and hand quilt thread separated/pinning and cutting tools
    Name:  Attachment-175250.jpe
Views: 35
Size:  54.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Now, what would you do with 25 totes full of stuff for crafts and quilting???
    I know, I know, you would not have that much in the first place, right, like the rest of us who have mess and CLUTTER!???
    :>)!

I am a nutcase when it comes to having too much. I need to use it right away! I tell my friends that if I wasn't a speech pathologist, I would be a professional organizer. I love to organize and simplify things. I also don't have enough money or space to maintain a large stash!

Blog Entries
    very nice

My sewing space isn't quite as sparse as yours, but like you I do not like clutter. My sewing room is straighted up at the end of every day. I can't sew when things get messy.

So, would you two like to move to Oklahoma and teach me how to de-clutter? :>)
    I AM working on it, but it seems to be taking forever!

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Geez Louise, I had accumulated more than that after my very first quilt class. 30 years ago!

"A messy desk/sewing table/workspace is the sign of a creative mind." My story and I'm sticking with it. :roll: ;)

Jan in VA

Blog Entries
    I'm with Jan! I can't even function if there isn't clutter around! (or at least I don't think I can - never been in that situation lol)

very nice!...love your organizational skills

I don't like clutter either. It stresses me out. That said, I have no place to quilt. I have to use the kitchen table and then my sewing machine and cutting board gets stored in the spare bedroom. That drives me crazy as well. ;) Maybe in our next apartment we'll have room to set up a space where I can leave my machine out.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast