Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Motivation PLEASE to help finish this disappearing 4 patch!

If it is too busy for you ,what if you put more of the blocks together and go from light to dark or dark to light, you could set them on point too.

It's very pretty...but if you put in some plain blocks and sashed you would have it finished in no time flat.

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl
    If the blocks are not yet sewed (I don't believe they are from the pic)..... I would consider putting a thin, white sash between them. I think it would make it pop. Just a thought.
    I was just thinking the same thing, white sash would look good and you would need less blocks for a queen

Super Member fleurdelisquilts.com's Avatar
    I'm with lots of others, put in some plain blocks between the these. As for the other 5" squares you have, make a different quilt with them....just not a D4P!

Honestly, I love the colors and think you're on to something. Maybe when you start sewing them together you'll find the energy you need to get it finished.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I love your blocks but can understand getting bored. The others gave you great ideas!!! :D:D

I hope this does not sound mean, but if you don't like the colors, do you think you will like a queen sized quilt?

Another suggestion I was thinking of was to find a color that you like for a sashing...

I love the quilt and thanks for sharing!

If you want a different look or a faster ending how about this: make 4 patch blocks out of 4 of your D4P blocks, sash/alternate with solid blocks the size of the newly created 4 patch...

with that said, I like the looks of what you have & would keep plugging at it.

I love it to pieces. Your quilt will be stunning. Keep on sewing.

Your yellow and white blocks get kind of lost in the mix. I would take those out and sew a narrow (darker)blue sash in-between the blocks. You can always use the reject blocks on the back of the quilt.

Gal
    I am with NativeTexan, I think having a solid colour would help the colours breath and also make it come together more quickly. As it is, it is very pretty, and I can see it in a room with mostly white, but if you have gone off it and want to finish it more quickly that is my suggestion. Otherwise put it to the wall for a while and come back to it later, it really is a nice quilt top but it does have a lot of work in it I appreciate that.

Gal

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast