Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mrs Mail's Flowered Wheat Bouquet...Quilted by Charisma

Blog Entries
    C sent me this quilt 3 of 4...for long arm quilting.

I love the little bouquet of flowers with wheat so I wanted to hightlight those as they are in the main focal fabric. I stippled loosely around them so they would pop out. I of course put leaves in the sashings....I was going to do something different bu the sashing fabrics has the same exact leaf....so I had to do it...again. When something works it just works.
    I did light block work and it turned out beautiful! I love the colors and it so reminds me of fall which is my favorite time of year.

I used hobbs polydown batting.
    I quilted this on my Innova. No pantogrpah for computer quilting all freehand.

Thanks for looking!

back
    Name:  Attachment-194177.jpe
Views: 32
Size:  109.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Another beautiful quilt which was beautifully quilted. Love seeing your work. Keep posting pics.

I have to say Charismah, when you say the leaves in sashing works, it really does. I love the texture it gives in a sashing area and if you just look at texture without picking out the design of the leaf it really gives a nice interest to the area while framing the blocks, just like sashing should be. I like the work you did the windmill blocks too. Did you use a ruler for the outline of the pieced design?

Quote Originally Posted by charismah
    C sent me this quilt 3 of 4...for long arm quilting.

I love the little bouquet of flowers with wheat so I wanted to hightlight those as they are in the main focal fabric. I stippled loosely around them so they would pop out. I of course put leaves in the sashings....I was going to do something different bu the sashing fabrics has the same exact leaf....so I had to do it...again. When something works it just works.
    I did light block work and it turned out beautiful! I love the colors and it so reminds me of fall which is my favorite time of year.

I used hobbs polydown batting.
    I quilted this on my Innova. No pantogrpah for computer quilting all freehand.

Thanks for looking!
    Beautiful Charismah!

Another gem - thank you so much for posting pics of your work. The people who make the quilts and your quilting are an inspiration to all of us. Thank you again - Carol

Great top, great quilting. So right about the leaves in the sashing.

i just love this quilt! the workmanship is excellent and the colors are just perfect! charismah, again, you just leave me speechless again looking at your quilting~~our Lord has given you an amazing gift and i just love to marvel over your work!
    fantastic job you two! if no one really has any plans, this beauty can come and hang out at my house for a while! :)

Gorgeous!

Absolutely stunning!

I really like the leaves on the sashing, you both did a great job.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast