Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My 18.00 find.

I found this machine at out thrift store and the gal sold it to me for 17.99, I think the cabinet alone is worth this much? It's a Ward signature.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

WOW -- what a great find!! Does the machine work? Even if it doesn't, I agree that the table is worth the $18!! :D :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yes the machine work, my sons in gonna clean it up for me, it had alot of items in the drawers as well.

Blog Entries
    Nice!! Great find, and no! You did not get hurt, and as long as the seller is happy, she didn't either! :)

Blog Entries
    WOO HOO good for you ! Can never go wrong with an extra machine :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Don't you just love a bargain. What a bargain you found! My husband was at our neighbors house..they were having a yard sale. She had a commercial singer sewing machine with the cabinet..he got it for 50.00. A friend of ours was at my yard sale (he repairs sewing machines in factories) and said we stole it...it is in mint condition. I haven't a clue where I am going to park her..my sewing room is full..

Blog Entries
    WooHoo!!! Wonderful find :D:D:D

Great find, throat looks bigger than a lot of new machines I've seen. Good for you !!!

That is about what the machines in cabinets go for at our thrift store. I think that some people buy them just for the cabinet. I have a couple that I have picked up for $20 or less, but I have never gotten all the cams like you did! They must be easy to lose because they are never all there. I bet if you Google the cams to see if they are available, they will be worth a lot more than $18.

I managed to sneak the last machine/cabinet that I bought at a thrift store into the house without my husband knowing about it! Pretty impressive, huh? :0)

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa T
    That is about what the machines in cabinets go for at our thrift store. I think that some people buy them just for the cabinet. I have a couple that I have picked up for $20 or less, but I have never gotten all the cams like you did! They must be easy to lose because they are never all there. I bet if you Google the cams to see if they are available, they will be worth a lot more than $18.

I managed to sneak the last machine/cabinet that I bought at a thrift store into the house without my husband knowing about it! Pretty impressive, huh? :0)
    You and I think alike - I always sneak in fabric and clothes so I don't have to hear "Oh, just what we need, more fabric (or shoes, or clothes, etc.)" :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast