Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My 90% done Americana/ Patriotic Star quilt top

I decided to take a picture of it now, before I added the border. If I tried to take a picture after the border is added, it will not hang nicely on my wall. LOL! The border will be two solid strips of red and gold; and also four-patch blocks made out of 224 two-inch-squares. Crazy, huh? The pattern for this came from the Spring 2009 McCalls Scrappy Quilts magazine. It was super easy to make, even a beginner quilter can do it (trust me on this). I had always wanted to make a star sampler with red-white-and-blue fabrics, so when I saw the pattern in the magazine, I snatched it right up. Thanks for looking!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sew nice! Composition is great! Every where I look my eyes find new hidden treasures!

Stunning, you did an amazing job

WOW -- that is simply beautiful!!

Ethyl, that is so pretty. I keep staring at it trying to find the "rows" that you attached, and I can't see how it was sewn together!! Wild, and it's just such a nice quilt. I will keep an eye out for the finished piece with the border you described. Sounds really nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    Ethyl, that is so pretty. I keep staring at it trying to find the "rows" that you attached, and I can't see how it was sewn together!! Wild, and it's just such a nice quilt. I will keep an eye out for the finished piece with the border you described. Sounds really nice!!
    Thank you! The instructions have you keep some parts of some of the stars "separate" so that you can actually sew 'blocks' or 'rows' together. I don't know if that makes any sense. There are rows in there, but imagine where the line of one row seems to line up with the seam of part of a star block. That part of the star block was 'kept separate' and attached to another row. When I was ready to put the rows together, that is when the star-block became a 'whole star.' I know this sounds confusing and it's better when you see the instructions, itself.

Wow Ethel,
    What a wonderful work of art.
    I too couldn't see where the block rows were connected.
    You hid it sew well.
    Awesome quilt top.
    Thanks for sharing.

Sandi

Great job Ethel!

That is an outstanding quilt. I will have to look for that magazine issue. Wonderful job!

WOW!!! What a beautiful quilt, I love the way you've described the borders too--I'll be a real beauty when done :) :) Looks hard too.
    Love stars quilts, love R,W, &B = Love your quilt

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast