Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My current WIP >

My current WIP

My current WIP

Old 11-22-2011, 09:15 PM

Thanks!! Your comment made my day!
I am by far not experienced enough to adopt anybody. I'm self taught and make it all up as I go!
Being a college student I wish I had more time to quilt so I could keep learning.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:17 PM

It is beautiful. The brown may work - audition it for us - ok admitting I like to see works in progress. I was just thinking that the tut from charismah using 2 fabrics for binding would work beautifully. That way the second color can be one of the colors in the quilt, it can be the very tiny narrow part of the binding then the brown.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:29 PM

I responded to your other post under Main, then came here to look at the quilt photo. It is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colors and the pattern. However, I can easily see how that pattern would test my patience to no end! You seemed (in the other post) to be so concerned about the white border, and I can see why. What about just adding a small, maybe 2", border in the white, then another wider border of one of the quilt's colors. That way you would all be pleased with it. That being said, there is no way you could make this quilt anything but beautiful! I love it! You are doing a wonderful job - Be proud of yourself!
Old 11-22-2011, 09:34 PM

KerryK - I was thinking about doing a smaller border in white with another thicker border. Then the white will highlight/frame the quilt. I just don't have fabric for the border and don't know if I will be able to find something I'm pleased with.

Thanks for all of your kind words and encouragement! I've tried really hard on this quilt and I hope it shows. I cannot wait to give it to my sister! I know she is going to love it no matter what.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:41 PM

OMG the pattern reminds me of a filmstrip. My best friend's son is a film maker and I wanted to make him a quilt. This design is perfect!
Old 11-22-2011, 09:46 PM

One of my favorite patterns. Great colors, looks fabulous from here.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Anna.425 View Post
OMG the pattern reminds me of a filmstrip. My best friend's son is a film maker and I wanted to make him a quilt. This design is perfect!
The pattern is called Slide Show by Atkinson Designs.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:14 PM

I know it can be difficult to lay out blocks and get colors and patterns distributed evenly, but you did a great job! I love it. I thought it looked like Terry's pattern.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Power Poster

You have done a wonderful job on this quilt
Old 11-22-2011, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by kiesh View Post
KerryK - I was thinking about doing a smaller border in white with another thicker border. Then the white will highlight/frame the quilt. I just don't have fabric for the border and don't know if I will be able to find something I'm pleased with.

Thanks for all of your kind words and encouragement! I've tried really hard on this quilt and I hope it shows. I cannot wait to give it to my sister! I know she is going to love it no matter what.
I like this idea. Go ahead & go to Joanns & take a piece of fabric that is in the quilt so that you can feel the fabrics to see if they are the same. Sometimes I find something I like when I go back!! You might try Walmart also. Your quilt is lovely!!