Here is the quilt that I finally finished. I started with the group here on the board in Jan. 2010 to make the quilt based on Jane Stickle's quilt. She made hers in 1863. I decided to use a dark background rather than the cream and to update the colors. As I worked on it, Lacelady mentioned that she was going to use a solid color for her triangles that went between the pieced triangles. This would make the pieced triangles stand out more. I liked the idea (so I stole it from her), but I then decided to try some trapunto in them as well.
Without the group on this board...I wouldn't have undertaken this project, but thanks to the group...I have a finished quilt! I learned a ton making it too! Thank you, thank you to the DJ ladies..you know who you are...!
Here is the finished product..all the blocks (the center and the tris) are hand quilted. I then did machine quilting in the ditches of the sashing/cornerstones. The trapunto and pebbling were done by machine..my regular domestic Bernina.