Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast

Thread: My Dear Jane quilt, 'Jane, Past and Present'

Beautiful"

That quilt is gorgeous and the color placement really sets it off.

Dee
    That quilt is out of this world. Just Beautiful.

Wow, I am so jealous. I am making mine to match Jane's as much as possible, but now I am almost sorry I didn't pick my own colors. I am not that fond of brown, but wanted Jane's quilt. Yours is absolutely beautiful and I can't believe you did it so fast. Congratulations. I have finished row E and its not in the picture, but here it is so far. I am hand piecing and hand quilting it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Stunningly Beautiful, O'My Gosh :shock: :shock: :shock: I Love your Wonderful Quilt!!!! Terrific Job :!: :!: :mrgreen: :-D :-) :lol: :lol: :wink: :XD: :XD: :thumbup: :mrgreen: :!: :!: :thumbup: :shock: :shock:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rhueluna
    Wow, I am so jealous. I am making mine to match Jane's as much as possible, but now I am almost sorry I didn't pick my own colors. I am not that fond of brown, but wanted Jane's quilt. Yours is absolutely beautiful and I can't believe you did it so fast. Congratulations. I have finished row E and its not in the picture, but here it is so far. I am hand piecing and hand quilting it.
    You are making a great job of it Rhue - pat yourself on the back, yours is far more authentic looking. I have to admit that brown isn't one of my favourite colours either, but I suspect that a lot of what looks like brown today might have been brighter in Jane's day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Quote Originally Posted by rhueluna
    You are making a great job of it Rhue - pat yourself on the back, yours is far more authentic looking. I have to admit that brown isn't one of my favourite colours either, but I suspect that a lot of what looks like brown today might have been brighter in Jane's day.
    I also noticed some of the patterns in the book don't match Jane's actual blocks and I am adjusting them to be closer than the pattern. I wonder why the author changed the designs in places. I may be the only one that noticed. I am noticing too that the brown isn't so bad when you get that splash of pink, blue and yellow in between. And then the red highlights. I am pleased so far, but what a challenge some of the blocks are. I hate paper piecing and tried it a few times with no luck on it pleasing me. I find it very rewarding to hand piece them and it doesn't take as long as you would think it does. Probably would take me longer to paper piece. :)

This is stunning! I particularly like the border pieces -- they add so much! Your do lovely work. Thanks for sharing

Blog Entries
    Rhue your blocks are very nice . I like the hand work.

Wow! I don't have enough years left to even tackle this quilt. You did a beautiful job. I love your label too.:)

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast