Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast

Thread: My Dear Jane quilt, 'Jane, Past and Present'

What an amazing quilt! Your work is beautiful!!!!!

Blog Entries
    QuiltswithConvicts....I'm amazed at what you are doing! Great way to have the men give back to the community...I applaud you for your bravery!!! I'm with Lesley..I'd love to see some of what you all have done.

congratulations! really nice. sheila.

not only is the entire quilt, the colors and the setting stunning (i'm stunned), but the hand stitching is unbelievable.

I do not think I have ever seen a Quilt so beautiful. It of course comes from the land of nimble fingers, Ireland. I married an Irish Lad so I love all things Irish. Your Quilt is beautiful, and I can tell that it took alot of time and thought. I don't know if anyone else has commented,,,but to look at the design, you have several going on in this quilt. I have counted four all ready.
    Just Beautiful, Jean

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean OK
    I do not think I have ever seen a Quilt so beautiful. It of course comes from the land of nimble fingers, Ireland. I married an Irish Lad so I love all things Irish. Your Quilt is beautiful, and I can tell that it took alot of time and thought. I don't know if anyone else has commented,,,but to look at the design, you have several going on in this quilt. I have counted four all ready.
    Just Beautiful, Jean
    Thank you Jean, not that I really want to contradict you, 'cos it was made in Ireland, but I am actually UK born and an exile of 10 years.

Several people have commented on my Trip round the World format, but the original is thought to have been like that. Certainly the centre blocks are, and I think the general thinking is that various degrees of fading have made subsequent rows less noticeable.

Blog Entries
    Some people are absolutely amazing!

how wonderful. You have inspired me to move forward. I have just barely started, slowed by a summer filled with grandchildren and two work trips.... but come August, I am forging ahead! Thanks for showing us your beautiful quilt.

Christine

Banned
    Wow that is a beautiful quilt and took allot of patience to make that quilt! You did a awesome job!

That is one of the prettest Dear Jane Quilts I have seen, beautiful. And you must be a fast piecer to have done it in such a short lenght of time.

Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast