Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast

Thread: My Dear Jane quilt, 'Jane, Past and Present'

Amazing. A friend of mine just completed hers. She posted a pic of the one block that had 93 pieces. I thought, so what! Then I remembered these are 4 1/2" blocks. YIKES!

Wow! I am in awe. Your quilt is a masterpiece.

Wow!!! That is beautiful!!!

what a stunning piece of work. love your around the world approach.

I'm intimidated. Seriously, that's something to be super proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheree from Chicago
    Oh my god Lacelady I can't believe you finished it, borders, scallops and quilting! It is a beautiful piece of art. Also, I love your label! I think its a great idea to document in your label how many pieces make up the quilt. You are an inspiration!
    Hi Sheree Did you make the quilt in your avatar? It sure is a beauty. I usually like scrappy but this one catches your eye.

So, if you quilted each block as you went along, how does it look on the back? Just curious. I am doing mine in 3rds. I wonder if Jane Stickle did hers that way too. Then how did you add the scallops on the edges? I don't recall you saying you did them that way, but another person told me you did. Interesting.

Beautiful Lesley, congratulations on such a big task accomplished!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rhueluna
    So, if you quilted each block as you went along, how does it look on the back? Just curious. I am doing mine in 3rds. I wonder if Jane Stickle did hers that way too. Then how did you add the scallops on the edges? I don't recall you saying you did them that way, but another person told me you did. Interesting.
    You can find out how I quilted each block as I went along here:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-28063-214.htm
    Then I posted a pic of the back here:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-28063-266.htm

Re the scallops, I waited until I had a completed top, all quilted just through the batting, then I added all the strips of scallops that are individual pieces (as per the software), and backed them with batting. Finally I basted on the backing, quilted in the ditch around all the blocks and my pieced triangles, and quilted through all the layers on the scallops, before binding. Not a conventional way, but I had intended originally to quilt in the ditch by machine, as it was going to be all straight lines. In the end, I thought it was worth the extra effort to do all that by hand so that the whole thing was hand quilted. Going round the blocks was the hardest part for me, as it was the most boring. Lesley

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by indycatcarol
    Amazing. A friend of mine just completed hers. She posted a pic of the one block that had 93 pieces. I thought, so what! Then I remembered these are 4 1/2" blocks. YIKES!
    I am intrigued by that, as I kept a log of all of my blocks, and I don't remember any of them having that many pieces. Mind you, my memory isn't what it was, so she could very well be right.

Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 17 18 19 28 ... LastLast