Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Doll Quilts now on Display! >

My Doll Quilts now on Display!

My Doll Quilts now on Display!

Old 12-11-2009, 08:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Joan
The doll quilts just look great in your bathroom, they are the perfect size for the room. And tell your DH that all of us love the use of the ladder.

(frankly, I think I'm adding it to my garage sale want list---it would be great to hang quilts on, too!)
It wasn't DHs it was my mom's. My mom was an antique dealer and I learned a lot of my stuff from her in decorating. I also have a shorter one that I painted white. i used it in the living room and hung my favorite quilt top on it. But the kids kept knocking it over so I retired it to the barn for now and I hung the quilt on the wall instead with rerod for a hanger.

I had the white one in a corner behind my antique stove and I hung my baby quilt my grandmother made for me on it.

I had forgotten about this but the ladder in the bathroom is the one I used to display my hotpads and Kaleidoscopes when I had a small display area in a craft show store a few years ago. I put nails all over it and hung my stuff from the rungs and the nails. so it has had several lives now.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:37 AM

What a great idea!! I may just copy you Rhonda!! Love the way they look - the smaller walls really set them off.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Banned

AWESOME!
Old 12-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Power Poster

I like the look so much I don't really want to add anything to it and disrupt the look. So I will have to think of some thing else for the next ones! Such a dirty job but someone has to do it! Ooh where will I find a place for them?? LOL
Kinda counting my chickens before they hatch! I don't have them yet but I am already thinking of where will they go? I had thought originally of putting them on the wall behind my antique stove so that is a possibility.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:06 AM

wow RoRR very nice idea making bathroom:XD: u put on an :idea: and it will be next soon4 mine.
Thanks 4 showing nice, lovely pieces :thumbup:
Old 12-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Power Poster

You are welcome to the ideas! I love my ladder and I love to hang quilts. I don't ever keep anything I make so this is fun to have some to display. I have a quilt top I made along time ago and a sampler wall hanging and that is all I have. Everything always gets sold.

I love having these made by my friends and I feel so blessed to be handling something that you each handled. It is a connection that I will treasure.