I blame Eddie for getting me started on this one. Last month he posted that beautiful bargello Surf Song. I just had to order the book and try one myself. They're a lot of fun and I imagine I'll make more in the future. I have some regrets on my fabric choices but I know better now about what I'm looking for so the next one should flow a little nicer. Still having some trouble with wavy borders, and these borders needed mitered corners so there was another challenge, but in the end it wasn't a total disaster so I consider it a success. :)
I challenged myself to do more free motion than a meandering stipple so on the main part I did vines with leaves. The small border has a lace like pattern and the outside has a simple string of flowers. I'm proud that I made myself step out of my "safe zone" and try something different. Sorry about the flash on that picture. My pictures were coming out with a weird blue hue so I used the flash. I didn't remember until I was back inside that I had my white balance set on "inside". :roll:
On to the next project!