I joined the November doll quilt swap and decided to do this biscuit quilt. Never done this before.
I just cut 3" squares for the top , 2 1/2" squares for the back and pleated the three sides on the machine.
Then joined the 3 sided biscuits in a row by chain stitching.
I put a little fiber fill in each one and then sewed up the open sides in the row.
After I completed each row, I joined my rows together.
Then I put the backing on the quilt by placing right sides together and sewing around the perimeter be sure to leave a small opening and turn inside out. Hand stitch opening closed and tacked together the backing from the front side.
What would I do differently;
The feel of the seams through the quilt feel bumpy. I want to try larger seams to see if they would lay flatter. I don't know if washing will soften the seams. I will try washing it before I mail it out to my swap partner. I still need to do the label.
I will post all the progression pics on my blog if you want to take a look.