Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My first EQ6 design

I've used EQ4 so I'm not totally unfamiliar with it but I still think it navigates a little strange, in my opinion. I've been thinking of doing a patriotic quilt and I ordered the material for it yesterday. This is just a quick design and it's not what I envision because I don't know how to put in inside borders and other stuff I have in mind.

I guess I will have to buckle down and really learn the program. I just don't find it intuitive. Why can't I go to the Borders tab and add an inside border? Let me insert one and drag and size it to a grid!

This is Born In The USA. :D

Attached Images Attached Images  

Pam, you designed that? Wow. That's really impressive! I would be very interested in getting the EQ software, but it's a little pricey, isn't it? I'll have to do some more research. Great work!

Pam when you call up the borders menu, there is a tab that says, insert border.

Also besides the book the tutorial is a video. which is great. At the top of your screen you should see video. Also the book is actually pretty comprehensive.

Good luck.

Pam, I forgot. when designing the layout. On the layout menu at the bottom you can insert sashing, some people also think of this as inside borders.

I know I'll have to spend more time with it. I did a couple of layouts, including sashing, but it's not sashing that I want. One of the fabrics is a linear pattern that I want to use for some border probably around the bear and there is one with squares in the pattern that, depending on what size they actually are, I want to insert with the borders.

Attached Images Attached Images  

There is also a custom quilt layout. I have not tried. That may be the one you will have to work with.

I will say it sometimes gives me a headache trying to figure it out. But all in all it really good. I have emailed tech support occasionallyand get a response really quickly. They also have a good forum online.

Hope this helps.

Oh my that is so pretty.

I tried the custom one too. I could not figure out how to size the blocks easily. I would select one and then you have to shift+drag to size to insert it. Ok, that's fine... but how about some help in sizing it to 12"? I had to really, really zoom in, select the block, and pull it to 12" square by using the rulers along the edge.

I know it is probably a great program and I'm just complaining because I don't know it. It just seems to be way more complicated than it needs to be to figure out how to do something. Why can't I right click on a block, or something as simple as that, and tell it the block is 12" square, or otherwise select the dimensions?

Grrrrrrr....

Very nice design! I've been using EQ6 for awhile, and I know I haven't even begun to use all its capabilities. I keep saying I'm going to sit down for a couple of hours every night for a week and get it all figure out, but I never do it. So I use it mostly to audition colors and figure out yardage. But you'll have to admit, it is fun to play with!

This is just a quick design
    Just imagine what you'll be able to do when you're more familiar with the program. Great work!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast