Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My First Paper Piecing Piece !!

at first I was really intimidated, but then it started to click. was kind of fun, except I didn't remove all of the paper from the back. :oops: Left it to provide some 'stability'. :D

and i forgot to put the hanging sleeve on the back. i was so anxious to get it done. it needs to be in new zealand for Christmas!

Congratulations! Its beautiful!!!

Thats lovely, cant believe its your first paper piece, I tend to use stitch and tear instead of paper and leave that in for stability. :)

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIES2
    Thats lovely, cant believe its your first paper piece, I tend to use stitch and tear instead of paper and leave that in for stability. :)
    thanks ladies!

actually, i used something called 'fundation'. it looks like webbing, but the smaller pieces still didn't want to tear out without pulling stitches.

How beautiful! You really mastered paper piecing. And believe me, I know how hard it is! LOL!

Yaaay! Fun, isn't it? I found that Christmas tree pattern too, and if it wasn't so big I would have made a lot of them this year. So I've got next years' projects lined up already :lol:

I love your color choices. Great job!

You'll soon be addicted! I love your choice of xmas fabrics. Great job!
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

bj
    That really is cute. It really looks like you did an excellent job on your first effort at paper piecing. I think I'm going to have to give pp a try, I've seen so many wonderful things on here that are done with that method.

Quote Originally Posted by bj
    That really is cute. It really looks like you did an excellent job on your first effort at paper piecing. I think I'm going to have to give pp a try, I've seen so many wonderful things on here that are done with that method.
    i rented the carol doak paper piecing dvd from the local library. really helped give me a kik-start!

Very pretty, I've never done any pp before but will have to give it a try (after christmas)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast