Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My firwst and only quilt so far

Because I love butterflys and hearts this is my first project, reminiscent of my old Hippy days :roll:
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I too love purple butterflies. I have been collecting fabric to make a quilt, 1/2 to 1 yard at a time, and now I have enough to make about 4 large quilts!

lin
    Man, I just can't get over the quality of "first" quilts being shown here. I'm so impressed. My first was so ugly it's a wonder I kept at it. LOL

Good job mfre42day!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wow, this is your first quilt? I hope mine looks that good! :D

Butterflies are for remembrance and hearts are....love. What a wonderful combination! You do wonderful work....keep it up! What is your next project? We'd love to see it too.

Great job!! :thumbup: I love butterflies. Is that your own pattern?

That's a lovely quilt. Purple is my all time favourite colour and you have used it so well :thumbup:

you are the sweetest group of quilters! Thank you so much for all your compliments. So here's what's happened as a result of signing up to this site I was finally motivated to get back to work on my granddaughters quilt top... Its a star pattern made from FQ's of different Disney princess patterns. of course when I started it I didn't know how difficult of a pattern it was. The long and short of it is that several of the stars came out too big so I' m losing some of the points :? but I'm trying to fake it and hoping that since she is only 7 she won't notice until it's too worn out to worry about it :lol:
    As soon as I get it finished I'll post some pics...

lin
    Quote Originally Posted by mfre42day
    So here's what's happened as a result of signing up to this site I was finally motivated to get back to work on my granddaughters quilt top... As soon as I get it finished I'll post some pics...
    Well isn't that wonderful? Sometimes all we need is a gentle, encouraging push to get us going again. Don't worry about your star points not meeting at the seams the way they're "supposed" to. I've seen women who have been quilting for years who still have a problem with that. And yes, I would be one of them! LOL It will be beautiful no matter what. :)

That is lovely! Barb C

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast