I started this in the Spring and then got distracted by a few other quilts that "needed" to be done, so set this one aside. It's just for our camper so no big hurry on it. But, I noticed the further I got along on it the more I wanted to be done with it and actually see it on my camper bed. Yay! It's there now! The picture I took is not great and it's just laying across the bed in my house but it gives you the idea anyway. With the slideout on camper slid in I couldn't get far enough away from the bed to take picture in there, so this will have to do. I made coordinating pillowcases.
I made this entirely from scraps, except for the teal colored border- I did buy that.
This was not done QAYG, but here's what I did: I made each block, sewed them into a row, sandwiched it, quilted it. Moved onto the next one, doing the same thing, then attached them together on the front and sewing the rows in the back by hand. When hand sewing was done I stitched down that seam with the machine. I tried doing it just on the machine but it didn't always catch the backing in the right place, so I handstitched it first. When that process was done, the entire quilt was done! It's on a queensize bed and it drops to the floor. It's the biggest one I've ever done and finished all myself on my DSM. I LOVE it!! It looks so good on my camper bed!