Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My haul from MQX

Hopefully you got a chance to see the pictures I posted from MQX and my McTavishing class. I just about shopped till I dropped today and wanted to share pictures of my haul.

In the back that is 108" wide batik but done on greige goods that is not woven as densely as normal batik and wide batik flannel! The vendor was Sew Batik and they have a website. The owner designs all their batiks! They had some gorgeous stuff.
    Aside from those wide fabrics you can see I blew the bulk of my budget on threads. The prices were too good to pass up and all the big vendors were there, Superior, YLI, etc. I got all kinds of stuff from Superior some King Tut, Rainbow, Highlights, Bottom Line, a spool of metallic, needles and even some water soluble so I can try my hand at Trapunto. Then I went to another thread vendor Karen McTavish recommends and uses called Fil-Tec. They make a lightwieght poly called Glide that is good for mctavishing and microstippling work. I got that big package of neutrals for $40 which works out to be a little over $6 per spool. Also got some magnetic preloaded bobbins that are supposed keep the bobbin thread tension issues at bay, mostly because the magnet prevents the bobbin from backlashing.

But my real squeal with delight deal were those lovely Asians in the front. Half yard cuts were buy 4 @ $5.50 each and get the 5th free.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Great haul

Blog Entries
    What a fun shopping trip:) Beautiful thread is as important as beautiful fabrics:)

great haul

i use glide and the magna glide bobbins you're speaking about and love them both.

you can get the magna glide bobbins in colors to match the spools too.

Blog Entries
    Great. I see the fur ball shopping in the background!

Wow, that imitation fur looks like the real thing!!

I know you're happy and it looks like your furbaby approves too!

the first time we went we had a blast and took photos of our haul too. Had it all lined up on the window sill. I really wish I had gone but next year for sure good lord willing..

Sounds like you had a great time.

If you've never used the Sew-Batik fabrics before, you are in for a treat! It's what I recommend to my customers for their quilts, and what I use on my own quilts. YUMMY!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast