So, internet has been down here for 1 1/2 weeks. Just got it back this morning. I have gotten lots of quilting done, LOL.
I have had the idea of doing 90" muslin in a rainbow dye for a while. I was looking at my 10 yard bolt, and figured that it would fit in the washer no problem. The setup for rainbow tie dye is pretty complicated, but more yards does not increase the complexity... so I took the leap and did the whole bolt!
With my smaller dye projects, mistakes can be corrected... with something of this size it is one shot and I am done.
If I ever do this again, I will get some pool noodles and make some apparatus to contain/separate all of the liquids. Cleanup was a beast!
update: should have rotated the pictures, lol.
and BTW, I have no idea what to do with this fabric, other than quilt backings. :lol:
wet fabric - 10 yards
after 2 washings, hanging off the porch
final finished rainbow!