Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: My IRR 1 Basket quilt is finally finished!

Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    Patti explains here what an IRR is.

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Thank you everyone....but for those of you not knowing about IRR. It stands for International Round Robin. I made the center section of this quilt..the basket. Then it was circulated to a group of 4 other women (some overseas, hence the "international") and they each added a border in a specified width before mailing it to the next person on the list. The quilt comes back to the original center maker at the end and you end up with a gorgeous quilt like this one! I was in a wonderful group for this one as you can tell from the results. They all did beautiful work!
    Thank you Judy, you answered the next question that I was going to ask. Also, is there any specified suggestion of the next round, or is each person totally free to add any design of their choice?

In addition to what she said, and to answer the questions someone asked a bit back, each person in the group makes a center and every person in the group puts a border on each center.

Thank you everyone....but for those of you not knowing about IRR. It stands for International Round Robin. I made the center section of this quilt..the basket. Then it was circulated to a group of 4 other women (some overseas, hence the "international") and they each added a border in a specified width before mailing it to the next person on the list. The quilt comes back to the original center maker at the end and you end up with a gorgeous quilt like this one! I was in a wonderful group for this one as you can tell from the results. They all did beautiful work!
    In addition to what she said, and to answer the questions someone asked a bit back, each person in the group makes a center and every person in the group puts a border on each center.
    Thank you Judy, you answered the next question that I was going to ask. Also, is there any specified suggestion of the next round, or is each person totally free to add any design of their choice?

wow - i love this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terricat

No, there is no specification for any of the border except for the dimension. The fun is that everyone adds their own "touch" to the quilt...probably not what you would do on your own.

You should all be very proud! piecefully, the old one

Blog Entries
    For those of you who are interested in IRR quilts, here is a link to some of the quilts that were made in IRR II - 2010:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-54909-11.htm

They are so gorgeous and when you think that most of the people in the groups that worked on the quilts have never met each other, it's amazing how beautiful the quilts turn out.

Love it!!!!!

Awesome creativity! Beautiful colors and beautiful designs. Thanks for showing it.

That is beautiful. What a talented group you participated with. I'm currently working on one as well

I am too impressed by your quilting to believe your'e still learning. I think youv'e got it! I only quilt in the ditch. Fmq baffles and frustrates me.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast