Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 18 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: My Last Hurrah!!!

Blog Entries
    Last Friday I was checking the CL for any interesting yard/estate sales and came across one listing "sewing stuff" that started Sat at 7Am. So I was there at 6:55 with my $20 bill in my pocket. Money is tight these days :cry: . It was very disorganized with no prices on anything at all. I spied a small wicker basket filled with sewing notions and a 3 shelf stainless steel cart on wheels as well as a June Taylor "Quilter's Square n Blocker". When I asked about a price for these 3 items she said whatever. Then she said that if I was interested in sewing "junk"...(her very words), to go into a small closet off the kitchen door. OMG. The lady who had lived there had been a QUILTER. The only drawback was there was no electricity in the house and that tiny room was pitch black. That didn't deter me one little bit...I went and got my flashlight out of the car. And spent the next 3 hours amassing my stash in the empty bedroom next door!!! Would you believe that there was no one else interested in this?? A few stuck their head in, took a look and backed out again. Finally, I was getting tired and decided to call it quits...it was overwhelming by that time. The next 9 pictures shows what I got for $105.00. BTW, I had to go to an ATM and transfer the money from my savings to checking to a cash withdrawal because she wouldn't take a check. Here's the first three...

no picture of the cart-it's still in the trunk
    Name:  Attachment-170047.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  49.4 KB

the wicker basket that started the whole thing
    Name:  Attachment-170049.jpe
Views: 29
Size:  48.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images                

Blog Entries
    My! I wish I had been there. What a great time and good sale.

WOW~GREAT finds!

Congratulations on being in the right place at the right time. Scarry, as I have no relatives in my area & this could be my Estate sale some day.

Senior Member Claddaughquilting's Avatar
    OMG!! This is the dream I have that never comes true!! You have given me hope to keep looking. Congrats, what a deal. It is amazing how many people do not appreciate this type of stuff.

Lucky you!

Blog Entries
    I think you hit the motherlode! Congrats, looks like you will be busy for a while. Don't forget to let us see what you create from this :-D

FUN! That's how I got most of my quilting stuff, too. (Which I have yet to use... long story.) I bought them from the estate of a woman whose family had no interest. Your haul is bigger, though! Woo hoo!!!! Fun!

So glad you could rescue all this nice stuff . She obviously didn't know anything about quilting.

Blog Entries
    A find of a lifetime! Enjoy:)

Page 1 of 18 1 2 11 ... LastLast