Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My Log Cabin Finished >

My Log Cabin Finished

My Log Cabin Finished

Old 02-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Power Poster

Beautiful quilt, can't go wrong with R, W, B. I could not see any mistakes.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
Hello! I finally finished a log cabin quilt I started back in 2009 when I was sitting around waiting for my house to sell down in Florida. Just wanted to make a log cabin but didn't have a pattern, etc. I was fairly new to quilting or the making of them so lots of mistakes, seams not matching, etc.

Well finally sold the house and moved up to Iowa to be near my mother who now lives with me. She fell in love with the log cabin which came to be 96 x 96, largest quilt ever for me. I told her she'd have to wait till I got a larger quilt system as I didn't want to have to turn the quilt for the borders. So she bought me a Innova 26" on a 12 ft frame with lots of extras. I upgraded my robotics (MQR) to go with it. I told her this quilt would be the 1st off the new system. I finished it a week ago, got the binding on, washed it with a color catcher as I always do. When I pulled it from the washer, I didn't see any color transfer so I threw it into the dryer. When it came out, OUCH!!!!! Some of the red bled onto the white. Well, too late now I suspect so I hung it up to finish drying and to photograph it for my album. Oh yes, while quilting it my machine hiccupped and stopped stitching with the needle down but my robotics kept going. I'm sure you know where this is going............I was able to stop the system before too much damage but it did have a small hole in it now. I ordered some Bo Nash powder to fix the hole but wouldn't you know it, the hole is right in the middle of stitching so I placed the patch over the hole on both sides instead of trying to stuff it inside the hole. Will try stuffing the next time. I'm not pleased with the fix but it will have to do as I can't get the patch off now. Thank goodness the hole is in a corner of the quilt so not as noticeable.

Again, don't look too close at the non-matching seams.

Wow what a beauty!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:44 AM

I think it's beautiful! I don't notice the bleeding at all! As long as your Mom loves it that's all that really matters!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:54 AM
Power Poster

Really beautiful! Love your colors!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:01 PM

Shared hair ripping and rending but the quilt you made for your mother is beautiful, the fabrics, the design you chose and the quilting are all lovely. Congratulations, I love the colors and the quilting makes this stunning.
You've done a great job. Sounds like a terrific Mother/daughter relationship.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Power Poster

That is a beautiful quilt.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:05 PM

Beautiful colors. I have always wanted a log cabin quilt but haven't got the gumption to try it yet!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:07 PM

Your quilt is beautiful...love the colors. and I'm sure your Mom will enjoy it & love that you finished it for her.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:34 PM

Oh my favorite, I love Log Cabin quilts. Yours is beautiful! I was born and raised in Iowa, moved away in 82. Will always be home to me.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:12 PM

simply gorgeous!