Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: My Mama's bluebird quilt

My Mama's bluebird quilt

I have just finished quilting a quilt that my Mother made. She and my Dad were married in 1930. I think she put this quilt together before they were married but she never finished it. I remember seeing it folded up in her dresser drawer when I was a very small girl and saw it many times in the years following. She died almost 3 years ago when she was almost 97 years old. When we went through her things, I found the quilt again. I finally decided to finish it. I have only been free motion machine quilting for a short time so maybe I should have waited until I got better at it. But I really wanted to see it finished and I'm not getting any younger so I went ahead and did it. It means a lot to me because it was Mom's. Thought I would share it with all of you.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    Golly, It is gorgeous. Aren't you glad you finished it. I posted one I got that is old. It is something to be really glad to have. Your quilting is perfect too. Wished I could free-motion quilt. Maybe one day.

Wow!! What a treasure you have of your Mama's. She did a beautiful job and so did you with the quilting. What a memory to cherish. I lost my Mama three years ago, also, and I have some of her quilts and some tops that I need to finish. Thanks so much for sharing.
    "A smile costs nothing, but creates much good. It enriches those who receive it without impoverishing those who give it away. It happens in a flash, but the memory of it can last forever. No one is so rich that he can get along without it. No one is too poor to feel rich when receiving it. It is rest to the weary, daylight to the discouraged, sunshine to the sad and nature's best antidote for trouble. Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed or stolen."

Beautiful quilt!

Absolutely gorgeous, you both did a wonderful job. Enjoy your treasure and be glad to have it and finished it.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Your FMQ looks really good. The quilt is beautiful!
    The Trike Riding Quilting Diva

Blog Entries
    Your mom is smiling down on you! Wonderful quilting job, and you Mom did a great job making the top. It's a treasure.
    Mavis

Quote Originally Posted by liking quilting View Post
    Your mom is smiling down on you! Wonderful quilting job, and you Mom did a great job making the top. It's a treasure.
    What a sweet sentiment! And you also got this right... this is a treasure... a real beauty!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

What a beautiful quilt. Your Mother's needlework is gorgeous and your quilting really complements the design. I think you quilt beautifully. It's lovely to see long term projects finished...especially such treasures. Thank you for sharing the story and pics with us.

Well I think you did a beautiful job and I am sure your Mother is looking down and smiling. What a wonderful legacy and family heirloom, you have created. So pretty!
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast