Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My 'New Knee' Project

Smile My 'New Knee' Project

In July I was facing an operation(Total Knee Replacement) and needed to take a project into hospital with me! I do very little handwork and thought the hospital might object to my sewing machine......so I decided...HEXAGONS!!! Never thought I would get so hooked!!!Name:  IMG_0490.JPG
Views: 4631
Size:  35.2 KBName:  IMG_0492.JPG
Views: 4640
Size:  39.3 KBTName:  IMG_0493.JPG
Views: 4638
Size:  42.3 KBName:  IMG_0496.JPG
Size:  44.1 KBName:  IMG_0499.JPG
Size:  55.1 KBName:  IMG_0497.JPG
Views: 4641
Size:  41.4 KBName:  IMG_05321.JPG
Views: 4625
Size:  55.8 KBThis will be a 'longterm' project!!
    Last edited by CoventryUK; 12-17-2012 at 11:54 AM.
    Hilary

The quilt is looking beautiful....How is the new knee? A close friend of mine had a new one put in a few weeks ago. I may need them done in the future.
    Last edited by nygal; 12-17-2012 at 11:58 AM.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

this is beautiful keep up the good work.

Your flower garden is looking beautiful. Today, my knee is killing me. I need a replacement too, but no insurance until next month. I started the hexagons last month and they are addicting. I sit at night with dh and hand sew them. I also take them on appts and to my quilting group. I love them.

Hilary, I hope your need is mending well but I totally agree... Hexagons are addictive. As part of a challenge quilt, the pattern had 12 hexagons included in it, done those no problem and then bought more papers, and now I am starting to get a box full just like your third picture LOL

Your quilt is looking super good already.
    QB Albums: Lynnie25's Quilts; Lyn's Dolls Quilt Swap Quilts

Did you really work on these after your surgery? I was so dopey I wasn't much interested in anything. Mostly slept until I life the hospital. I had my TKR in Sept! Isn't it great! I am thrilled with it..(my second one). I can walk like a youngster again! These are a great idea to carry on the plane or sitting at the Dr. office! Thanks for the suggestion.

These are a great recuperation project! Nice job!

Hope the new knee is doing well. I had both done at the same time 4 1/2 years ago. The knees are doing great for the most part! It is amazing how fast we can recover from the surgery, although I had major memory issues for more than a year afterwards due to the anesthesia. I still have some issues with that, but nothing like at first. Couldn't even remember simple words to complete sentences!
    Being skinny isn't easy, so I gave up and opted for being sexy instead. (aunty acid)

Quote Originally Posted by nygal View Post
    The quilt is looking beautiful....How is the new knee? A close friend of mine had a new one put in a few weeks ago. I may need them done in the future.
    Thankyou! The knee is doing ok now but had a few 'set backs' on the way! (Like Deep Vein Thrombosis!!) 3 more stays in hospital and LOTS of physio!! Now 5 months down the line we are 'getting there'!!!
    Hilary

Quote Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
    These are a great recuperation project! Nice job!

Hope the new knee is doing well. I had both done at the same time 4 1/2 years ago. The knees are doing great for the most part! It is amazing how fast we can recover from the surgery, although I had major memory issues for more than a year afterwards due to the anesthesia. I still have some issues with that, but nothing like at first. Couldn't even remember simple words to complete sentences!
    Ouch!!! Can't imagine having BOTH done at same time!!!! Mine was due to a childhood accident 50(!!) years ago!!! Luckily my right knee is ok!! I would be very reluctant to do have it done again!!!!
    Hilary

Blog Entries
    Beautiful hexagons! What a lovely quilt it is going to make. So glad to hear you are on the mend now after some set backs!
    Helen T.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast