Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My new machine >

My new machine

My new machine

Old 03-20-2010, 03:26 AM

I need to buy a new machine. I am saving for a mid arm Janome. I have been using my 36 year old kenmore. I was not enjoying it much. I found this at Walmart for $199. I am going to spend the next week learning how to use it. I plan to keep it as a back up, when I do get my Janome. Some of the feature include variable needle position and speed, quilting accessories, basic font, 80 built in stitches, 120 stitch functions, quilting table, 8 feet (including walking, free motion, and 1/4 inch) and needle up and down.
I will follow up with how this baby sews later. I am off to get it set up.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-18735.jpe   attachment-18736.jpe   attachment-18737.jpe  
Old 03-20-2010, 04:30 AM

thanks i will go to walmart and look at it by the way what med arm jan are u wanting??? i have the 1600 dp and i will be selling it sometime in may i am getting the long arm 18 or better i saw one that was 26 inch this janomie is strictly for quilting only straight stitch and darning foot with the frame
Old 03-20-2010, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by memathomas
thanks i will go to walmart and look at it by the way what med arm jan are u wanting??? i have the 1600 dp and i will be selling it sometime in may i am getting the long arm 18 or better i saw one that was 26 inch this janomie is strictly for quilting only straight stitch and darning foot with the frame
I just watched the DVD that came with the machine. If it works like it says it would be a great machine for her.
I having been looking at the 6500. It has the 9x5 throat and a whole lot of other features I want.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:44 AM

If I like this machine I may keep it for piecing and look at the 1600 or something like it.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:13 AM

I have the 1600 DP and I love it. I actaully just finished putting together my quilt frame and since I bought the 1600 to go on the frame, I will lose it for my piecing and I am really sad! I might actually buy another one I love it so much! HIGHLY recommend for quilting!!
Old 03-20-2010, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
I just watched the DVD that came with the machine. If it works like it says it would be a great machine for her.
I having been looking at the 6500. It has the 9x5 throat and a whole lot of other features I want.
i can't find it at walmart.com what is the model number
Old 03-20-2010, 05:27 AM

I just bought this exact model on line. I bought it to learn free motion quilting. I've finished one quilt with it from start to finish. I really like this machine. As far as the FMQ, that is going to take some practice. And it's not the machine's fault...ha. I go too fast & then the stitches are too long or I go too slow and the stitches are too short. Although, there were some stitches that were just right. I gave the quilt to my brother and he loved it....bad stitches & all.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
I couldn't find it online either. They told me it was packaged for walmart and was new. They just got it in last weekend.
i can't find it at walmart.com what is the model number
It is a SQ9000 sorry!
Old 03-20-2010, 05:43 AM

it's beautiful
Old 03-20-2010, 05:49 AM

It looks like my new machine & it is a Brother XR9000.