Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My new sewing room and pictures of stash

We had a water leak in our family room so we had to remodel it. In the process I got a new corner just for my sewing. I'm pretty excited about my new space. The rest of the room has not quite been put back together yet but my area is almost done. Just thought I would share with you. The only thing I don't have is a design wall, I need to somehow figure out how to manage that one

another of my sewing desk
    Name:  Attachment-18302.jpe
Views: 114
Size:  37.7 KB

My sewing machine in it's desk
    Name:  Attachment-18303.jpe
Size:  43.4 KB

My new floor to ceiling cabinets
    Name:  Attachment-18329.jpe
Views: 115
Size:  24.6 KB

MOre

My cutting table. The other side opens up to make it bigger. It is on wheels as well as my sewing desk so I can move it all around
    Name:  Attachment-18304.jpe
Size:  52.1 KB

My helpers, Denali (black) Anna (big white) Kea (Anna's daughter, smaller)
    Name:  Attachment-18305.jpe
Size:  36.4 KB

Open Cabinets. It didn't all fit!!!
    Name:  Attachment-27167.jpe
Views: 113
Size:  51.4 KB

Izy
    Gayle....I LOVE your cabinets....how useful are they going to be!!!! It looks lovely and bright in this room too, post more pictures as you get set up, including some of the cabinets with the doors open, are these for all your sewing paraphenalia?????? :D

WOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

OMG - Just viewed your latest pictures.....how envious am I of your stash :D :D :roll: :wink: How long has it taken you to collect all that fabric??

Thought I'd share what my girls helped with recently They knocked my iron off my cutting table and broke it!!!

closer picture of stash
    Name:  Attachment-18306.jpe
Views: 112
Size:  39.5 KB

my poor iron!!!
    Name:  Attachment-18307.jpe
Views: 111
Size:  38.9 KB

I am :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: !!!!!! Beautiful cabinets!! Great stash!!

More, if you don't mind. The cabinet above the purples is all back size pieces. I fold all my pieces over 2 yards a little different so I know at a glance that I have enough for borders etc. My fat quarters are in the rolling drawers under the cutting table.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Yes Izzy, the whole thing is for all my sewing stuff. Unfortunately it didn't all fit. I have about 10 or so large rubbermaid tubs in the garage with all my flanels, christmas, fall, homespun and misc fabrics and UFO's and scraps and stuff. It is a light and bright room. Especially during the day. I need to get some new blinds on the window. We had a couple of halogen lights installed into the ceiling over my sewing machine.

Izy
    So how long have you been stashing......I can only DREAM of EVER having that amount of fabric to play with... :mrgreen: :lol:

Um..... you should see my DH's face right now after he read your response. He says "you're not helping" I have been quilting for about 8 years or so, but did some crafting before then. I got the fabric collecting down pretty fast and pretty good. I am fortunate to have lots of places to shop for fabrics close by and have gotten some pretty fantastic buys on my fabrics.

Izy
    Tell DH I could relieve you just a little bit, have you seen those TV makeover programmes where they de-clutter for you...I could offer my services in your very nice sewing room, THEN whats left would all fit into your cabinets - AND save your legs going to the storeroom where your rubbermaid's are :lol:

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast