Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My new work in Progress - Long Story

My new work in Progress - Long Story

A few weeks ago someone posted a gorgeous quilt that had been quilted by a LAQ. I posted that I just loved it and wondered if there was a pattern for it. I was told it consisted of two blocks, one garden path and one 54/40 with a slight variation. The colors she used were golden browns, beige and blues. I have searched back posts and pictures to find the originators but couldn't. This is really a mystery quilt challenge for sure.

I duplicated what I thought it looked like in Electric Quilt 7 and made it king size for my bed. The original blocks I created were 12" but I soon found out that at that size I couldn't use any of the Accuquilt Go dies my DH had just bought me BUT by making the blocks 18" I could use several of them. My husband was happy about that and even volunteered to cut some blocks for me. I have to say it was a pleasure to have them line up so beautifully and with the size of the blocks they went together very fast. Someone just today had asked about making a quick quilt. Just with this block alone you would make a very fast and beautiful quilt.

As I finished 6 of my garden blocks I pinned them to my design wall for inspiration and found that all by themselves would be a gorgeous quilt with lots of LAQ spaces. Here is the picture of 6 of the 12 garden blocks, remember they are only pinned and waiting for the remaining blocks.

I hope the originator of this quilt feels flattered that I loved it so much. Will post more pictures once I'm along further.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looking great. Be sure to show us the finished quilt.

Wow, really lovely the way it is, keep us posted as you add the other blocks.

Beautiful...

Power Poster
    Looks yummy! Nice job!

Blog Entries
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

What are LAQ spaces? Do you mean space for quilting designs? I'm sorry. As a hand quilter, I feel left out when all the focus is on LAQ. For those of us who don't have the space of $$$ for the LAQ madness that is taking over the quilting scene - I just want you all to remember those of us who still produce our beauties the old fashioned way. One stitch at a time.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful! Love the pattern and the color combination and leaves plenty of quilting space for the longarm!
    Helen T.

It will be quite pretty. I like the modern way of quilting quilts, much faster and I am all about speed.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Would you care to share the dies you used with your Go to make these blocks? I really like the blocks and the colors you are using are great.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast