Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My quilt, "The City of Phoenix", is in QuiltMaker's 100 Blocks Volume 6!!!

My quilt, "The City of Phoenix", is in QuiltMaker's 100 Blocks Volume 6!!!

I did block testing for 100 blocks Volume 6 and was given the opportunity to do a quilt using one of the blocks that I tested. I was so excited to see that it made the magazine!!! I am posting the front and back. You can see the quilting on the back easier!!! I think I like the back as much as I like the front!!! Enjoy :^)
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Beautiful Quilt! LOVE love the back - so do tell - HOW did you do the quilting on it?

That is one incredible quilt! Tell us a bit more.... Are all of the squares quilted? Or just the more multicolored ones? Thank you so much for sharing this. It is really full of new ideas (to me, anyway). Did you quilt it yourself or did someone professional? Absolutely beautiful. Of course it is being published!!!

I quilted this on my domestic machine- a Juki-with the walking foot on. I drew out the first several circles and then just followed them out to the edges. There are parts where the quilting is more straight than curved as I got to the outer edges!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WTxRed View Post
    Beautiful Quilt! LOVE love the back - so do tell - HOW did you do the quilting on it?

I quilted this myself and I just did the consecutive circles. I pinned it REALLY well first!!! Started in the very center and continued to add circles and circles. I was actually watching NASCAR while quilting this and realized that my quilt was traveling in the same direction as the cars!!! :^)

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
    That is one incredible quilt! Tell us a bit more.... Are all of the squares quilted? Or just the more multicolored ones? Thank you so much for sharing this. It is really full of new ideas (to me, anyway). Did you quilt it yourself or did someone professional? Absolutely beautiful. Of course it is being published!!!

The quilt is fabulous I am going to copy your idea for quilting.

Wow, beautiful quilt and I love the back showing the quilting. Congrats on your entry. Thanks for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing. That really is an amazing quilt. Beautiful!!!
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

I think you did a fabulous job from start to finish - to pick out fabrics without knowing what you were testing; then testing a quilt block and coming up with such a fantastic quilt - this is amazing - you deserve all the credit for this one - also I am in love with your circles - it looks good from the front to the back. Congratulations.

Blog Entries
    That is a stunning quilt! You did such a wonderful job on it. I like the block you used, very pretty. Congratulations all around!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast