Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My quilting corner >

My quilting corner

My quilting corner

Old 10-09-2008, 10:57 AM

I love your table! Very retro and in really great shape!

My sewing area is my dining room table.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:45 AM

I have a corner too....in my bedroom. I always did my sewing on the dining room table, and had to clear for dinner or eat around it. Then the kids grew up and out and I actually had a room all to myself....a sewing room. Then two years ago my son went through a divorce and moved home for a month with (at the time) a 7 year old daughter and three other daughters that visit often and regular. So, after a year of my granddaughter sleeping on the sofa.....reluctantly, I gave up my sewing room and painted it pink....for the Girls. But, I LOVE my corner none the less. And son is moving out by January 1, 2009!!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 07:35 PM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/7945.page

This is a link to mine, too. It was taken a while ago and I have done a couple different things with it----just some rearranging, really. Thanks for sharing your space with us.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:00 AM

I've LOVED all your pictures of sewing rooms. I have a funny story about mine, although it doesn't start out funny. We were recently the target of a home buglary - lost an almost new TV and DVD player. The burglars clearly checked out the entire house - opened drawers and closets - left dirty footprints. The only room they didn't bother with was my sewing room! They took one look and left it alone! I wasn't sure if I should laugh or cry.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:27 AM

That's horrible! Funny about them not even looking at your sewing room, but horrible about the robbery!

Old 10-11-2008, 08:40 AM

Well - at least insurance covered much of our loss. I'm just glad that we weren't home - though they probably wouldn't have entered the house if someone was home.

We learned a lot. At first, my reaction was - wow - we don't have much that's worth stealing! The police said that they were probably druggies looking for things they could sell quickly to a fence. Computers are basicly worthless, because they have too much info on them - and the re-sale value is very low. I was wearing the only jewelry of any value. Fortunately, I'm not a jewelry person - I'd rather have a sewing machine and fabric!
Old 10-13-2008, 09:09 PM

My sewing corner, actually two corners......
Attached Thumbnails attachment-40936.jpe   attachment-40938.jpe   attachment-40939.jpe  
Old 10-14-2008, 01:11 AM

any place you can sew is a great space!