Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My quilting view on vacation & my cute purse/tote

I was excited to pack my old Singer hand crank machine to do some sewing on my vacation. I did manage to make a pillowcase, and almost finished a very cute purse/tote before my hubby started getting annoyed with me that I was sewing and doing not much of anything else. It was worth the grief, btw. ha ha Figured I'd share pictures. :) Really enjoyed my outdoor sewing room for the week.

Cute purse/tote
    Name:  Attachment-241237.jpe
Views: 25
Size:  67.1 KB

My View
    Name:  Attachment-241238.jpe
Views: 25
Size:  115.9 KB

Funny. we are going camping this week and my DH pitched a hissy fit when I told him I was taking a sewing machine! I can't wait to show him your pictures! :-) Nice Machine and view!

Nice view.

I always tell my husband - it is OUR vacation. You enjoy it your way and I'll enjoy it mine. Mine of course being in a nice hotel with room service and air conditioning. So that I can watch NASCAR, quilt, sew or read at MY leisure.

Guess that is what happens after 24+ years together.

Blog Entries
    Where is those pictures taken at?Boy,my heart is going 90 miles an hour.It sure looks like Florida.Connie in CO

Quote Originally Posted by Connie in CO
    Where is those pictures taken at?Boy,my heart is going 90 miles an hour.It sure looks like Florida.Connie in CO
    It's actually in Berlin, MD (close to Ocean City) at Frontier Town campground. I'm not a 'beachy' person, but I LOVE being by the water. :thumbup:

I said the exact same thing to my hubby: It's MY vacation, too! He claimed my quilting stuff was taking over the camper. Oh-well, at least I was happy. ha ha... He got over it.

Blog Entries
    That's a beautiful place.If i can't have Florida those pictures work out just fine.PS I'm glad you told him what you told him.

Blog Entries
    my van has an outlet that I could actually be sewing as we roll along. Seriously considering it.

I think that normally he wouldn't have cared, but it was towards the end of our trip & with tight quarters and kiddos that want to go, go, go.... well, ya know, nerves can tend to get a little shorter. Guess it didn't help that I had a big rolling bag with my machine, two bags of fabric, cutting mats and rulers under the mattress, and scissors and snips all over. I call it heaven, he calls it clutter. ;)

With that beautiful view, lovely shade from the sun and weather, don't you wish you could capture that in a pic for your sewing space to look at in the cold, dreary winter? I would like to redo a whole wall in mine with that view...Naomi :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast