Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My Sewing Saturday Bag

That is awesome. Do you think it would be hard to add height to it? It is exactly the type of bag I want to make for a friend to take to work.

np3
    Blog Entries
    Nice size. And most of us will go to a link!!!

Awesome ! Really Awesome ! going to the tut now

np3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tutty
    Awesome ! Really Awesome ! going to the tut now
    Already saved it and printed it out!!!!

I really like all of the pockets. You're right, a couple of small matching bags will be a great addition to your organization. Love your fabric!

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Okay, it's fabulous! I need one to take all the stuff to the sew-in retreat weekend in Bedford for the Military Barracks Quilt Project; if I send fabric you'll have it made and shipped back to me by Nov. 4th, right? :-D ;)

Jan in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
    I wanted to make a bag for taking my notions to and from my monthly Sewing Saturday group (all day marathon sewing) and this is what I created.
    I love this bag!

I blogged about it here... http://yarn-or-fabric.weebly.com/1/p...urday-bag.html

but I'm sure you guys don't want to go there to read about it, so here's the quick run down...

It's 13x6 x7"tall
    I used Stiffy from Long Creek Mills instead of Timtex
    Hmmm.... what else? Oh yeah, the questions everyone is going to ask...
    the main fabric came from Hancocks. I bought it last year. I'm not sure if they still make it or not.
    The green crackly exterior fabric was from Walmart of all places. I got that last year as well.
    The interior & pocket trim fabric I wish I could remember where that came from. It's really cool and I'm running out of it. :(

Most importantly.. the tutorial... http://sew-whats-new.com/profiles/bl...y-sewing-caddy
    I added a second exterior pocket section so there were pockets across the front and back of it... I also didn't do the whole make a hole and turn ... I folded the top pieces down and topstitched. I think it makes for a nicer bag ;)

Yup. Nutshell :D

I really love this bag. As you can tell, it holds A LOT
    I can not tell you how much is in there. I just literally picked everything up and threw it in there at the end of the night!

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Okay, it's fabulous! I need one to take all the stuff to the sew-in retreat weekend in Bedford for the Military Barracks Quilt Project; if I send fabric you'll have it made and shipped back to me by Nov. 4th, right? :-D ;)

Jan in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
    I wanted to make a bag for taking my notions to and from my monthly Sewing Saturday group (all day marathon sewing) and this is what I created.
    I love this bag!

I blogged about it here... http://yarn-or-fabric.weebly.com/1/p...urday-bag.html

but I'm sure you guys don't want to go there to read about it, so here's the quick run down...

It's 13x6 x7"tall
    I used Stiffy from Long Creek Mills instead of Timtex
    Hmmm.... what else? Oh yeah, the questions everyone is going to ask...
    the main fabric came from Hancocks. I bought it last year. I'm not sure if they still make it or not.
    The green crackly exterior fabric was from Walmart of all places. I got that last year as well.
    The interior & pocket trim fabric I wish I could remember where that came from. It's really cool and I'm running out of it. :(

Most importantly.. the tutorial... http://sew-whats-new.com/profiles/bl...y-sewing-caddy
    I added a second exterior pocket section so there were pockets across the front and back of it... I also didn't do the whole make a hole and turn ... I folded the top pieces down and topstitched. I think it makes for a nicer bag ;)

Yup. Nutshell :D

I really love this bag. As you can tell, it holds A LOT
    I can not tell you how much is in there. I just literally picked everything up and threw it in there at the end of the night!

Blog Entries
    Beautiful Bag! It is perfect :D:D:D
    Don't know about the raisinette/tamales combo though :shock: :lol::lol:

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Oh that's nice!!! What a fun thing to do each month!! :D
    Glad you remember the candy lol

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Oh I thought they were brown neccos hahaha
    I would have stolen them out of your bag!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast