I found the Sudoku quilt book in the library and thought it was a magnificent way to distribute colors across a design. I took out my colored pencils and got to work. Then I searched my stash for the closest match to the pencil colors. I only had to purchase $4 of fabric from the new WalMart in Chatham to satisfy my aesthetic sense . Last night I finished piecing the game grid. The squares are four inches finished, with 0.5-inch and 1.25-inch sashing. I will be adding wide borders to make it a more useful size and to frame it.
I could use suggestions to improve the way the intersections line up. I can see some jogs. I had to tell myself, "It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be DONE."