I'm excited! I finished my first sweatshirt jacket this past weekend and here it is!
I decided to line it as I quilted, so I cut lining to fit each part (sleeve, fronts, back) and I used 2 Honeybuns that I've had for a few months and didn't know what to do with. They are "Nostalgia" by April Cornell (Moda.) I also made binding with some extra strips and covered all the inner raw quilt sandwich edges for a more finished look. I did this before sewing the pieces back together. Then, I covered some buttons and added 3 self-fabric button loops. I ran it through a gentle wash and dry to make it softer...
I had a lot of fun and even had 3 people at work asking to buy one.
Here it is: