Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13

Thread: My very first completed quilt!

Gal
    Thank you again everyone, NoveltyJunky no I did not have a pattern in mind, I chose it after I had collected the fabrics, I used that one because it was simple to follow. I was lucky enough to find the boarder fabric and the cream fabric to match at a garage sale, the pieces were all small off cuts or cut into strips, this largely dictated that I could only cut small pieces. The main fabric is poly cotton not really suitable for hand quilting and I had to put some joins in funny places as I could not match any of the pattern repeats etc. The lady who sold me the bag of offcuts had worked once in a place where they made Duvet covers and such, I do not think I shall ever get that lucky again! It was then just a matter of finding fabrics which toned in hence the shirts and skirt etc. I have started my next quilt in the same pattern but in much brighter fabrics, doing the same thing only my main fabric is an old sun dress which i can no longer fit into, it has a lot of black in it and i am having fun picking all the bright colours out and using them against the black.

Gal

Blog Entries
    I really like this quilt. Great job!!!

It is GORGEOUS!!!

That is so pretty. I love the recycled part of it too. I love to reuse material for new things. I can't believe it's all hand quilted. You did a great job. Can't wait to see your next.

Really great job.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13