I finally got my new Queen Quilter all together tonight, put on some plain muslin top and back and some scrap batting and started her up.
At first I thought I was doing something totally wrong!! I was trying to baste the top across the top and the stitches were about 1/2" long!! It was working fine going forward and back but not side to side. I thought the stitch regulator wasn't working. I then looked underneath and saw that the thin cord for the stitch regulator wasn't letting the roller touch the rail. Once I got that out of the way it worked!!
I'm still playing with the tension since I don't think that the green bobbin thread that came on a pre-wound bobbin should be showing on the top. I need to play with the stitch length and see what I like best too. Overall I am so happy with how it's working. :-D
Now I just need to practice, practice, practice. And oh yeah... wear my glasses!!