Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Need help choosing border >

Need help choosing border

Need help choosing border

Old 04-11-2012, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by MdmSew'n'Sew View Post
I lived in Japan for three years, and love your quilt, it looks so very Japanese - I think the bamboo leaf border is perfect, with just a few blocks thrown in randomly help keep if from being too predictable. I don't think the pattern detracts from the center at all, it is almost a glitzy neutral, very true to the Japanese design sensibility and the black tonal strips keep it from getting too wild and rambunctious. Now when you finish it, just PM me and I will give you my home address
Thank you so much, Mdm! The center of the quilt is very busy circles, all in Asian fabrics (scraps) and it reminds me of the pictures I've seen of Tokyo - chaotic. The black with the bamboo leaves reminds me of their gardens, still and peaceful, and putting some half-blocks randomly on the black reminds me of the unexpected touches found in their gardens. Since I have no clue why I made this except for wanting to branch out into circles, I just may have to send it to you after I quilt it!
Old 04-11-2012, 01:13 PM

I wonder what it would look like with a "solid" gold border between the black narrow inner border and the wider leaf outside border ... Maybe that would pull out the golds from the blocks in the center.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Power Poster

Looks great!