Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: need help with first quilt

Since a queen is approximately 90x96" you will need about 24 inch of borders all the way around.
    What fabric do you have to use?
    You could do a 6" border, then a 12" block and another 6" border or any combination to make it 24".
    Could you continue the blocks you have with that same fabric? That would look nice for another 18" then a 6" border.
    So many possibilities.
    You might want to consider getting another of the same panel and use some of that.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    Susan

Blog Entries
    Beautiful top! You can continue with the border idea using fabrics from the collection or fabrics that match.
    Here is a picture of one that was in progress using different border ideas. I hope this helps you in making some decisions in enlarging your quilt.
    Name:  IMG_0664.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  401.2 KB
    Helen T.

FYI....Michael Miller is a combination of a man and woman who came together to collaborate on fabric designs. I always giggle when someone..refers to Michael Miller is "he". This top is beautiful, would like to see it when its done.
    Some people visit paradise, I live there.

I saw this posting & wondered if you could add borders similar to the 1st quilt, not the one that is the Snow Chateau panel like yours. Christmas Project: Top done, think I'll make it?

Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
    I saw this posting & wondered if you could add borders similar to the 1st quilt, not the one that is the Snow Chateau panel like yours. Christmas Project: Top done, think I'll make it?
    Wow. I missed that one last year--that time of year I'm busy and there is so much activity on this board... That one was beautiful (the winter one)...

Yes, I agree. I would add another stone border and then borders with the lavender and teal. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by MawMaw B View Post
    I would add a border of the stone fabric if you have more and depending on what size it is, a couple of other borders with the lavender and light teal fabric. Maybe bind it in the pink if I'm seeing correctly. I'm no pro at this, but those would look nice.

Just lovely, great job and thank you for sharing and I agree with MawMawB
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by susiequilt View Post
    Since a queen is approximately 90x96" you will need about 24 inch of borders all the way around.
    What fabric do you have to use?
    You could do a 6" border, then a 12" block and another 6" border or any combination to make it 24".
    Could you continue the blocks you have with that same fabric? That would look nice for another 18" then a 6" border.
    So many possibilities.
    You might want to consider getting another of the same panel and use some of that.
    thanks for all the ideals I do have 4 more of the center block will have to order the stone again and the pics you posted were beautiful....thanks again and have a wonderful day everyone

Blog Entries
    I agree with the others. just keep building out with the wonderful colors you have not. nice job.
    SMILE- it will make everyone wonder what you are up to.
    Stay strong and keep looking up.

I agree, you can add another boarder of the stones and do pinwheels, piano keys, or anything else to fill it in. Lovely fabric!!!
    enjoy your life...it's the only one you have!!!
    Heather

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast