Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Need Help Please NOTE. >

Need Help Please NOTE.

Need Help Please NOTE.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
Oh, Bev. I didn't mean to frustrate or discourage you. I think it is looking really good. You are making it for your hubby and he will like it no matter what if only because you did it for him.

If you decide to change plans (I've done this more than once) you may not have to take it all apart. Could you press it then cut it similar to how you would when you strip piece?
Oh honey you didn't discourage me, the quilt itself did. It was like, the more I did, the more I hated it. The blocks are 61/2.... I thought of going to a 41/2 and just mix together and scrappy like above pic. That way I don't have to worry about it being busy etc.....
Old 11-09-2008, 12:56 PM

Bev, don't get discouraged. Sometimes scrappy quilts aren't our favorites at the beginning because it is hard to envision the end result. Or, we know how we want it to come out and it just does not seem to be working. Why don't you put this aside for the rest of the day and look at it again tomorrow with fresh eyes? Sometimes just walking away for a while kind of clears your head and lets you have a fresh idea when you come back. And sometimes I even dream my solutions!!! Could work for you, too!!!! :-) You are doing a great job---just keep plugging away at it.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:33 PM

Bev, I think it looks fine. But if you're not happy, well, then maybe you should start ripping :roll: :roll:
Old 11-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Bev, I think it looks fine. But if you're not happy, well, then maybe you should start ripping :roll: :roll:
It'll give me something to do while at the Laundry mat :-) Its ok... Its just the more I worked on it, the more I hated it and didn't want to make it
Old 11-09-2008, 01:46 PM

Both look good.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:35 PM

I think it looks good the way you're doing it. It's supposed to look scrappy and it'll look like a "guys" quilt with the plaids.

Just a thought: If you have a few different plaids you could use one plaid on all four sides of one block, a diff on the next block and so on. When you put the quilt together you'd just make sure you didn't put the same borders next to each other and I think it would be a great looking scrappy quilt.

I know it's frusterating when you can't seem to get the look you want, most of us know that feeling. Whatever you decide and however it turns out, your dh will love it because it was made by you for him.

Old 11-09-2008, 03:58 PM

Bev, either way you do it, I'm sure it will be awesome!
You keep going so we can see it all finished!
Old 11-09-2008, 04:00 PM

Bev, just do what speaks to you...your the one that has to look at it.....I lay it out and walk out of the room and come back in and take a look at it if it looks okay and I'm happy I sew away......sometimes I take a photo and that tells me what it will look like too....just trust your gut girl...it will be fine and get - er - done.......Good luck
Old 11-11-2008, 08:22 AM

Bev - I agree with debg..same sashing around the blocks, I like the way the 4 patch looks......