Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Help

Ok I had posted this top but of course cannot find the post now....but what I need is an idea of how to hand quilt this top....Any ideas? What would you do? I thought of just quilting in the big sq and the side tan(print) pieces... I was thinking a grid in each large sq...I want it to hold and be strong but again I don't want to spend the rest of my life quilting it either....but I want it to look nice. Am I asking for to much? Gosh I just don't know what ...any design ideas? Anything to help me. I have drawn a blank. Thanks for your imput.

Donna
    Attached Images Attached Images    

This is elegant. I have no idea about the quilting. I'm still treading water and learning. good luck

Blessings,
    Ruth

I am new to quilting and I would be afraid to advise you. I would probably send it to one of the quilters on here if it was mine.

I would look at some circular patterns maybe in continuous line, something on the simple side for the large blocks and do some simple lines in the rest. It would go faster that way.

I would stitch in the ditch around the white stars to enhance them maybe. No clue as to the center blocks.

Kyia

I'm not very good at Free motion quilting. I'd probably have to send it out too but I'd like some sort of feather or circular flower pattern in the middle of each block.

Blog Entries
    With a quilt that has a lot of straight lines, I would also do some kind of circular or feather design in the large squares. SID or something similiar would be great in the stars.

simple and open ---the quilt is [i am going to pinch mrspetes-word -it fits] elegant pick up the stars maybe but dont over do the block centers

Quote Originally Posted by Donna P
    Ok I had posted this top but of course cannot find the post now....but what I need is an idea of how to hand quilt this top....Any ideas? What would you do? I thought of just quilting in the big sq and the side tan(print) pieces... I was thinking a grid in each large sq...I want it to hold and be strong but again I don't want to spend the rest of my life quilting it either....but I want it to look nice. Am I asking for to much? Gosh I just don't know what ...any design ideas? Anything to help me. I have drawn a blank. Thanks for your imput.

Donna
    When you quilt the large square, how about making an outline of the connecting stars and stitch that in the centers. Keep the same size and orientation.

It's a beautiful quilt The colors are so restful.

I just love your quilt it is very ( I'll take the words also from MsPete.Ruth) Beautifully done.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast