Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need Opinion

I have been trying to decide what kind of sashing and border to do on this for days now and can't come to a decision. Would it look good with the yellow with pink cornerstones or pink with yellow cornerstones for the sashing? or something compeltely different. Any ideas?

Norma
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hmm.. what about using a neutral .. like dk gray or black and alternate the cornerstones of fabric from all 4 cards?
    Although either combination you mentioned would work.

Lay the blocks out on top of the pink leaving however many inches between that you were think of making the sashing and put yellow squares for the cornerstones and then do the reverse. Take a picture of each way to see what color placement you like best. Blocks look good. Maybe just a black sashing?

what about a floral that had these colors and then add thin strips of the solid colors.

My personal preference would be to use the blue for the strips and the gold for cornerstones......I also like the idea of the black with multi color cornerstones :D

Blog Entries
    I would do black and the corner stones, in the four corner as a 4 patch block, then the binding use strips of every color end to end and it would really cool going around the black. Good luck, please post when done.

Quote Originally Posted by jdeery
    I would do black and the corner stones, in the four corner as a 4 patch block, then the binding use strips of every color end to end and it would really cool going around the black. Good luck, please post when done.
    I like this idea, sounds like those blocks would practically pop right off the quilt.

Black with cornerstone block on the four colors included in the quilt. That will give the quilt some asymetry, but interest.

Blog Entries
    I reallky like your blocks, but I am too visual to be able to give an opinion. I lay them out and audition before I decide.

Boy that one is a tough one. I would be auditioning a bunch of dif stuff. I think I would stick with the jewel tone look however.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast