Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need suggestion on a cathedral windows......

Quote Originally Posted by Riley
    Your quilts are lovely! I really love scrappy & especially like the top quilt.

I have a tutorial on making Cathedral Windows that might or might not help you. You can usually tack those meeting corners into submission with a little careful placement of thread. Good luck to you.

Here is the tutorial:
    http://groups.msn.com/CathedralWindow---Classroom101/homepage

Riley
    Riley i would just like to say i love your hexagon quilt in your avatar. Beautiful that must of taken you a very long time to make. Just love it.

Blog Entries
    oh gosh, your quilts are great! I kept saying to myself "oh this is my favorite".only to say the same thing when the next one showed up! I do really like the old fashioned look of the pinwheels though..Great Job! :lol:

Riley....thanks so much for the link. I only wish I had seen this before I started my cathedral windows!!

Thank you all very much! Did not take overly long on the avatar px, I hand piece primarily & hand quilt all quilts---what is just one more in the long line of quilting fun? :mrgreen:

Akacian, sometimes you can barely catch the edge of a single piece of fabric with your needle & thread ---ease those corners in together in an X & make them look a tad better.

I think you are probably just looking down on EACH individual corner & you see ALL your mistakes because you are right above it. When the quilt is finished, trust me, this is a busy quilt & the mistakes just kinda fade into the background.

We ALL make mistakes! I am yet to hear someone say "OH MY WORD!!! LOOK at all thse mistakes!" They don't see the mistakes---they see the beautiful fabric & pattern. (If they are looking at my mistakes, then it is THEIR problem! :mrgreen: ha)

I am sure yours is lovely! Just enjoy the process is my suggestion. You will have a lovely thing when done!

Riley

I have a long way to go......

I have five rows done, and only 19 more to go!!!
    Name:  Attachment-6412.jpe
Views: 30
Size:  58.3 KB

Shirley - all your quilts are awesome!!! and your cathedral window is looking fine. I like the white button idea. Wouldn't buy them though - would go to thrift shops and find them on cheap clothing.

Shirley,
    Thanks for sharing all of your pictures. I think your cathedral windows quilt looks like it's coming along great.

Blog Entries
    skacian..the cathedrals look great to me! I haven't gotten the courage to try that 1 yet...yours will end up being stunning in the black & white

Your Cathedral is lovely! You are doing a fabulous job!

These blocks get easier to do the further you go.
    I am improving on my ability to shape the "windows" as I go---and so will you!

Is your quilt black & white or have you shown it to us in black & white scale?

You said you had a long way to go? Think how far you had to go when you started this! You are well underway!

Remember the old saying---"The journey of a million miles begins with the first step"? :wink:

Riley

It is black and white.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast